ICSI Questions to Ask Your Provider
One of the biggest challenges when visiting the clinic for your ICSI appointment is coming up with questions to ask your provider when you aren’t sure what to ask. You don’t know what you don’t know, right? Most people don’t know what ICSI is or much about it so you are not alone. Don’t be afraid to ask your reproductive endocrinologist or embryologists questions about ICSI.
Here are some FAQs from ICSI patients that you may also want to ask your provider:
- What is ICSI?
- What are the benefits of ICSI?
- Am I a good candidate for ICSI?
- What will happen if I don’t want ICSI?
- What are the risks?
- Do you recommend it and why?
- Will ICSI increase the chances of getting pregnant?
- How does it help a couple where the male has sperm that is not of great quality?
- What is the cost of it?
- How will it affect my future baby?
- Is there certainty that our sperm will fertilize an egg?
- Is ICSI used in most IVF cycles in the U.S.?
- Are you able to pinpoint the best eggs and sperm before doing ICSI?
- Is ICSI beneficial to use after I have frozen my eggs and want to later use them?
- What are your clinic statistics for successful cycles when ICSI was performed?
- Should we freeze sperm? Should we freeze sperm to have extra?
- Can I go on a tour of your lab?
- Can I meet your lab team including the lab director?
Make sure that you get an explanation that you really understand and feel comfortable with. It is best to learn as much as you can about treatment.
Schedule a Consultation
Ask your provider as many questions as you want, even if you think you already know the answer – it may provide useful information or just reinforce what you already know. Schedule an appointment with one of our fertility experts and or email Aspire with any questions. You can also schedule an appointment at either clinic online or call our: