Resources for your infertility journey
Posted on October 4th, 2017
Are you feeling overwhelmed by your infertility journey and the process? Do you need a little extra support? It is very normal to feel overwhelmed and lost while going through the complicated infertility process. Here is a list of some wonderful resources that can really help answer questions you may have and make you feel supported. Remember that you are not alone.
- In the Know – What no one tells you about family building options for same-sex couples
- Dancing Upon Barren Land – prayers, scripture, and hope for infertility
- On Fertile Ground: Healing Infertility – a book about grief, loss, anxiety, and depression; it also covers how this affects a couple going through infertility
- Protecting Your Heart While Negotiating with Your Ovaries – This book is an essential resource to assist you as a couple in your journey to creating a family. Focus on maintaining and improving your relationship while coping with the emotional aspects of infertility. This book is written by a licensed mental health therapist who endured years of medical treatment for fertility.
- Unsung Lullabies: Understanding and Coping With Infertility – provides tools for coping with infertility
- A Baby At Last – The Couple’s Complete Guide to Getting Pregnant–from Cutting-Edge Treatments to Commonsense Wisdom
- Resolve – a wonderful resource that has support groups, ways to afford fertility treatment, articles about what different fertility treatments are, how to volunteer, how to become an advocate, and how to find a professional.
- X, Y, and Me – Books for children to explain how they were conceived
- Donor Conception Network – a fabulous website with lots of articles about how to accept using donor eggs and sperm, a website that supports families through the donor process, includes help for all type of families- single moms, same-sex couples, etc.
- The American Society for Reproductive Medicine – an organization devoted to advancing knowledge and expertise in reproductive medicine. You can get literature and gain knowledge from ASRM.
- Dralicedomar.com – Alice Domar, Ph.D.’s website – literature about infertility and ways to ask Dr. Domar questions
- The American Fertility Association – educational information about infertility, advocacy, awareness building
- www.ivfconnections.com – a woman going through infertility created this for women to connect through message boards and chat rooms
- Eastern Harmony – The benefits of acupuncture for infertility
- Waiting In Hope – local support groups and online community
- 3 Sisters Surrogacy – surrogacy agency
- Baby Center – support boards geared towards infertility
Organizations that help provide funding
- the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation
- Pay it Forward Fertility Foundation
- Angels of Hope
- American Academy of Adoption Attorney Family Formation Charitable Trust
- Footsteps for Fertility
- International Council on Infertility Information Dissemination
- Journey to Parenthood
- Parental Hope
- Sparkles of Life
- Motherhood Center – Houston based, this boutique offers massages, and yoga classes for those trying to conceive
- 866-NOT-ALONE is the Resolve Helpline to talk to trained volunteer with help on navigating resources
- Online support groups on Facebook for infertility
- The counselor at your Aspire clinic